Created in 1894, the park predates the City of Allegheny’s annexation to the City of Pittsburgh in 1907. Formed largely from farmland, today’s Riverview Park is known for its dense woodlands and steep topography.
Located on Pittsburgh’s North Side, Riverview Park was created in 1894 in what was then the City of Allegheny. The 287-acre park, managed by the Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy (PPC), features a network of trails throughout its dense woodlands and steep hillsides. It is also home to the landmark Allegheny Observatory, a swimming pool, the 2-mile Riverview Loop and the Chapel Shelter, a historic picnic shelter that was once a Presbyterian Church. Plans for the park include restoring the historic Watson’s Cabin and renaturalization of Snyder’s Point.
Miles of Trail